Job Opportunities Currently Available at the Kaminski House Museum
The Kaminski House Museum seeks to fill the following position(s). The Friends of the Kaminski House is dedicated to the restoration, preservation and promotion of the Kaminski House, a historic house museum owned by the City of Georgetown, SC. The Friends is a 501(c)(3) educational organization which through a public/private partnership operates the Kaminski House Museum for the purpose of preserving the museum and educating the public about the importance of the site, its history, collection and relevance to the community.
- Those interested in applying should send a cover letter, resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visitor Services Associate: Part-Time, Friday & Saturday 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM Salary: $8.60/hour
The Visitor Services Associate shall be employed by and report to the Executive Director of the Kaminski house Museum and is charged with the overall responsibilities of operating the museum store, planning and conducting tours of the Kaminski and Stewart-Parker houses, and assisting with special projects as they may be assigned from time to time.
- Schedule and conduct tours of the Kaminski and Stewart-Parker Houses for public and private groups, becoming conversant with and using historical materials provided about the homes and their content.
- Operate the museum shop, Julia’s Past & Presents, including the processing of sales and entering of sales records into the Point of Sale system.
- Ensure orderliness and security of the museum shop during operating hours.
- Track inventory depletion and report replenishment needs to the museum shop manager. Restock floor inventory as needed.
- Assist with annual inventory of museum shop.
- Clean shop – sweep floor and outside entrance area, dust, clean shop windows, and polish inventory as needed. Bring garbage and recycling to curb.
- Book special tours and group tours, recording details into the reservation system.
- Help coordinate volunteer corps. Schedule volunteers for tours and events. Help train new volunteers.
Position Requirements: Requires public interface skills; ability to read, understand and recite historical materials provided as tour references; ability to perform sales agent responsibilities including competently using cash registers, credit card processing equipment and other transactional and record-keeping machines; ability to work with others in developing and adhering to schedules required to staff the property; ability to perform light physical work involving standing or walking for extended periods of time, ability to climb steps, and exerting up to 20 pounds of force on a recurring basis. Computer literacy.
Volunteer Opportunities—The Kaminski House Museum is looking to grow our dedicated team of volunteers. We welcome volunteers in several areas including docent - tour guide, office assistance, grounds and garden maintenance, and museum shop staff. Positions are varied and shifts are flexible. Contact email@example.com or 843-546-7706 if you have questions or would like more details.